March 29, 2009

Poise

While struggling with the word for Illustration Friday of this week : Poise, I cleaned up my 'arty' room full of paper, drawings, books and more treasures. This is one of them...happy to find him again after almost two years. I made this drawing in the Colca Canyon in Peru in october 2007 while watching these incredible animals, the condors, flying on the highest winds of the Andes.
And while scanning this drawing I imagined that this is it! This is just POISE I guess...
being in equilibrium or balanced motionless, it was just a poisy moment that morning!

4 comments:

Andriques said...

A beautiful drawing! very nice.

Coreopsis said...

Wow--great painting. I love the perspective, and, as you said, the feeling of motionlessness above it all, when you know that in reality, he's swooping away up there. Lovely!

Kacey said...

very nice work!

studio lolo said...

Oh, it is perfect!! And see that shape at the top in the middle? It kind of looks like a feather hanging down, perfectly poised and reflective like the condor.

Wonderful piece!